Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sally Twinkle Mansfield

Sally (Sallie) Twinkle (Twinkles) Haberdasherie (Haberdashers) Mansfield, Nottinghamshire


Never have I ever been to such a rude business.  It was like they didn't even want my custom!  It's also worth pointing out that the Shop 'Assistants' are all over the age of 60 & should know better manners, especially as I heard one of them criticising the youth of today!

First, I arrived 40 minutes before closing for them to shout at me that they were closing, to which I quoted their opening hours at them.  They then barked that they cashed up in 30 minutes.

I asked to look at things, and asked where the ribbons were, to be pointed at in a direction.  I went there but she then shouted at me saying I'd have to ask a staff member if I wanted to look at them, so I asked her again for her to tell me they weren't available to look at from any closer.

I then asked to look at feathers, asking if they'd have packed ones.  I was, again, shouted at 'no' but she brought out a selection of loose feathers begrudgingly.  I asked for the navy ones to be shouted at 'THEY'RE BLACK' even though they clearly aren't, in any kind of light.  

I asked for a 1/2m of a fabric, standard practise to be told they would only sell me a 1m, & as they cut it they started bitching about me in earshot.

Then I went to pay to be told I had to have the right change.  I said I didn't and she shouted at me again, before saying she would have to process it this time.  I offered 6p as well as the payment so the change was just a 50p coin but she barked that it wouldn't be of use.

I said to another woman working there that it was like a sweet shop, and that I wish I'd come earlier to browse, to which she grunted.

Then as I was leaving I spotted the feathers she previously said they didn't have and went to have a look, about to touch them when she shouted 'WE'RE CLOSED' at me even though it was 15 minutes before closing.  I went to leave and she tutted at me.

The only thing I can think of is that they want their business to go down the toilet, clearly never receiving lessons in customer care or manners!

No comments:

Post a Comment